Are you an EventProf, Conference organiser or workshop co-ordinator? These Facebook Page tips are for you!
What are the 5 main tips for Facebook Page algorithms, hashtags, cover photos, target audiences etc for event managers and conference organisers? I’m glad you asked 🙂
More Social Media resources for EventPlanners: https://events.laurelpapworth.com
Target Audience: EventProfs with an interest in Social Media and Facebook Page Admins
This lecture (series) is for EventProfs:
- Work for NonProfit, Gov, Business as a marketing event coordinator or similar
- Work for a Conference or Event Management Company organising conferences
- Social Media Professional managing Pages for clients with events and festivals etc
Video is 11 mins long.
Summary for Event Managers of 5 Facebook Tips for Event Professionals:
What are the 5 main tips for Facebook Page algorithms, hashtags, cover photos, target audiences etc for event managers and conference organisers? I’m glad you asked 🙂 More Social Media resources for EventPlanners: https://events.laurelpapworth.com In under 12 minutes we’ll talk about
- Facebook Core Audiences – how Facebook decides which Customer Avatar/Persona will see your event content and which won’t. 1:06
- Content vs Promotions. Be the Industry Magazine (not the Ad. ) Jab Jab Jab right Hook by @Garyvee across Facebook, Instagram and beyond 2:39
- Facebook Cover Photos – changing your cover photo is like changing the cover of your magazine(hint: at least once a month and try CANVA) 2:24
- How *often* should you post on Facebook as a social media manager for events? Content Calendar tip 4:43
- Collaborating with *Key Influencers* for the Event and *Hashtags* for the Event Industry. Includes a list of Hashtag tools that event managers and conference organisers can use. 6:42
- PLUS: Summary 9:24 and OUTTAKES for giggles? 11:25
Bonus: list of social media scheduling tools as well as the list of hashtag tools.
Want to know how to run a social media campaign for Events? Interested in LinkedIn for Leads for Exhibitions. This is the online component of my workshops for TAFE NSW and others:
Introduction to Social Media Campaign course:
- setting up monitoring panels (check the community groups),
- building a brand voice and content strategy (what to say),
- create discussion lists and hashtags and engagement strategies for Facebook Optimization (FBO) and Twitter Timelines.
- You will create a blog or business social media newsroom, change the theme, header, write articles and include videos on it.
- Then integrate the whole lot (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blog) into a Call To Action campaign complete with measuring tools.
This is a great little course to get started on social media in a meaningful way or as a way to upskill from a basic Facebook Page or Twitter that needs more subscribers, engagement and reach
LinkedIn Course: Curriculum
This LinkedIn marketing course covers the following topics:
LinkedIn Professional Profile
- Have I done it right?
- How do I: Write an update? Add someone? Delete someone? Does it look professional?
Connections and engagement
- Strategies for increasing your followers on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Profile visibility
- Be found, be contacted on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Company Pages
- What does a Company Page look like on LinkedIn?
- Why have a company Page?
- How do I get people to follow the page on LinkedIn?
Connect with LinkedIn Groups
- What is the connection between Promotion vs Engagement.
- What is the Etiquette & how do I not be blamed for spamming?
- How do I find the right group on LinkedIn?
NOTE: Those who sign up now will have lifetime access and gain additional lectures as they are added. I am currently adding more modules. Please check 'included courses" to see the current availability.
Join the 11,000 students that study with me online, the 10,000 social media professionals I have trained offline in the last decade and work on your social media and online community management skills!
Forbes Magazine named me in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally,named head of media, social media by Marketing Magazine and in the Power150 AdAge Media bloggers. I strive to show the theory/strategy with practical tactical tools in online community building.
I am a CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) and I also have taught a Masters of Convergent Media.
Professionally, I have managed Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. and have consulted on private online communities for banks, not for profits & governments in SE Asia. I have taught social media for businesses at University of Sydney for 10 years and I have 11,000 online students. My clients range from UNHCR and TV shows to small businesses and Women Matter (Saudi Arabia Women of Islam community).
I have a quarter of a million followers online, personally reaching around 6 million people per month through social media. I have taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years how to build online communities, create social media content, write strategy documents, drive social media campaigns and improve their Facebook Page through FBO and earned attention.
More, much more information on Laurel Papworth's About page.